Be a Supporter!

CompdudeJ

All 1,786 flash Reviews

Epic Pie Time Epic Pie Time

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars January 7, 2012

Even better than the first.

Wittier, faster, and even more creative than the first. Cameos by Vinyl Scratch and a rocking soundtrack make this a real treat to watch.

NiN10Doh: ToThe64thPower NiN10Doh: ToThe64thPower

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars August 5, 2011

Very well done.

There's a massive amount of high-quality work here. The animation is solid, the visual styles are great, and the characters are well-portrayed. The only real thing I can say against it is that it doesn't feel quite as funny as the first two. There were a lot of moments in the first two that were instant classics. This is still so very good, but nothing just grabs you like in the first two. I hope you do make more down the line.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Death in Land of Encantos Death in Land of Encantos

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars August 31, 2009

Okay stuff

Different, but honestly kind of boring. Too weird to be funny, not weird enough to be that entertaining. The style was neat, though.

Retarded Animal Babies 21 Retarded Animal Babies 21

Rated 4 / 5 stars June 19, 2009

Decent work.

Good to see more RAB! This episode though didn't feel as lively or as funny as most others. It started off pretty slow, and most of the storylines that developed didn't really get very interesting. The part with the over-sexed cousin was pretty entertaining though, if not somewhat grotesque at a couple points.

This is still good stuff, just not among the best episodes.

Save Octomom! Save Octomom!

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars April 8, 2009

Snarky, timely, and fun game!

Fun and timely game! A very clever, snarky satire of a VERY irritating pop-culture figure. This is exactly the sort of game I imagined to spoof her. In fact, this sort of stuff reminds me of those early Newgrounds "Assassin" games.

Good clean graphics, great music & sound effects, good controls, and a good system of increasing difficulty and increasingly complex game dynamics as the game goes on.

A couple of complaints relating to the difficulty level though, although that may sort of be intentional, given the subject matter. One, Octomom REALLY gets in the way sometimes, although that may be the point - her actions are standing in the way of her childrens' health. Two, anything level 4 and above is ridiculously hard - I managed to make it lvl 5 only once, and that was a nightmare. Although again, that's sort of the point - taking care of that many kids is ridiculous.

The only real complaint I have is, it's not immediately clear how to throw away food that you accidentally clicked but can't give away. I know now that you have to click over the trash can, but it's a narrow click-able area, and it's not explained in the instructions (that I know of).

Great game! Thanks for the funny take on this topic.

Charlie the Unicorn 3 Charlie the Unicorn 3

Rated 3 / 5 stars April 7, 2009

Getting stale the third time around.

As a fan of the series, I'm definitely excited to see another Charlie episode! But, to get right to the point, I didn't think this episode was funny at all. And to be brutally honest, it was even actively UNfunny, to the point where by the end of it, it was so irritating that I was glad to turn it off.

What's the problem then? Certainly, there's no fault to the author's efforts. The episode's jam-packed with the same mix of wacky gags, great animation, and spot-on voicework. But that's just the problem - it's the exact same thing.

Maybe some of the problem lies with this particular batch of gags in this episode. But I think the greater problem lies in how the series is following the same basic storyline (and running jokes) over and over again. That sort of thing worked fine for the first couple episodes, but it's definitely showing its age by the third installment

Even the author seems to slyly acknowledge this fact in his work. As Charlie is pursued by the increasing horde of 'perceived monsters', the author clearly wastes no effort trying to animate all these stupid creatures. Even their names degenerate quickly into useless crap like "bluhbluhbluh." Even "Pink" and "Blue," usually so unflappably cheery and goofy, inevitably deflate a bit at the prospect of Charlie's unwavering grimness. Perhaps a sign that things aren't working out with the same approach?

Now, having said all that, I don't think the series is tapped out. All I'm saying is that it might be worth trying a different approach next time. Otherwise, the series will be doomed to stale monotony, no matter how funny the next particular batch of gags will be.

Oh, and I've never been a fan of the songs in the series either. But I will admit though, the Starfish bit was pretty funny - and that was probably the best part of the episode. But the rest of the song suffered from uninspired lyrics, boring melody, and it seemed to copy elements of Disney's "Under The Sea" and Pokemon's "Poke-Rap".

So hey, anyway, don't take this too harshly or anything - this is still a quality product. Maybe it's just time to try a different approach next time. I hope there's still more coming down the creative pipeline!

Space rocket Space rocket

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars March 10, 2009

Nice work.

This is exactly the sort of thing I envisioned when I used to play that game & hear that song. Nice work!

Alfred Christ Alfred Christ

Rated 1 / 5 stars February 14, 2009

Just bad.

There's not much here to comment positively on. It's sloppy, non-sensical, and incomplete. People might be won over by the attempt at being offensive, but ultimately, this is just plain dumb.

HOSUE [sic] HOSUE [sic]

Rated 3 / 5 stars January 19, 2009

Too bizaare.

On the plus side, good animation, good charicatures, and decent voicework.

On the downside, it was too offbeat to be funny, and it was tough to even enjoy as a "weird" film because the outcome was unexpected and uncomfortably bizaare.

Sometimes, y Sometimes, y

Rated 4 / 5 stars January 15, 2009

Well done!

Clever, simple, and short! It's a good idea, well-executed.